Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Couple things NetSuite Documentation Doesn't Tell You

We've MOVED!!!! www.codeboxllc.com/ksc

NetSuite most likely doesn't care what I complain to them about. I'm no body. I'm just a guy trying to make in this world.

However, I think these two items they may listen and PUT it on the documentation or make it more clearer.

Point 1: Check out customization URLs
There is ONLY ONE usable checkout URL in Sandbox Environment. That is https://checkout.sandbox.netsuite.com. All other selections are used ONLY for production.
I came across this issue while making our second webstore in Sandbox. When ever we refresh our Sandbox from Prod, this error occured. I initially thought it was just a flook. However, when second brand new Webstore I started on began to throw "Page Not Found" or "Internal Server Error" with other customizable check out URL, that's when it got me concerned.

Point 2: Domain IS required to be able to use Descriptive URLs
I'm sure some of you already knew this. I couldn't find anything on documentation about this specific statement. However, If you are having issues with Descriptive URL you set up for Items and Presentation Tabs, you need to set up your own domain.

CORRECTION:
Apparently, Point 2 is wrong on my part. You can find it under this Path of documentation:
Web Site : Searching & Search Engine Optimization : Search Engine Optimization (SEO) : Setting Up Descriptive URLs


It says:
To use descriptive URLs in NetSuite, first, set up a domain at Setup > Web Site > Set Up Domains. Next, turn on the Advanced Site Customization feature, and the Descriptive URLs feature at Setup > Company > Enable Features, on the Web Presence subtab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment