Tuesday, June 21, 2011

NetSuite Support Case - Grab Notification

We've MOVED!!!! www.codeboxllc.com/ksc

Have you ever received an email from NetSuite Support saying something the line of "Hello, My name is [Rep. Name] and I will be working on your case..."

We wanted to do something like this for our support. Thought it was pretty nice way to let folks know that they are not being ignored. After some research, we find out that this isn't an automated solution.

Apparently, NetSuite Support implemented this method by attaching a solution to a case and having it notify customer. When Solution is attached to the case, they manually enter in Case Number and their name before sending it.

I thought this was a bit odd. Apparently, using CRMSDK Tags do not work when added to a solution set. So, I've been thinking about a work around for this. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it'll work.

First, create yourself a solution called "Case Assignment". Here is an example:
Hello, My name is [RepName] and I'll be working on your case #[CaseNumber].
Second, create a script file which will be deployed at Case form level or Case Record level.
My thought is that my script will fire ONSAVE or right before the form is submitted.

If the value of the INSERTSOLUTION field is "Case Assignment" AND value of OUTGOINGMESSAGE contains the value [RepName] or [CaseNumber] {
Replace [RepName] with Currently Logged in User's first and last name;
Replace [CaseNumber] with getFieldValue('CASENUMBER');
}

What do you think? I think this might work. I'll let you guys know as soon as I put it in. Working version of the code coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment