Saturday, April 23, 2011

NetSuite - Things I've Learned So far... The "GOT YA"!

We've MOVED!!!! www.codeboxllc.com/ksc

I've been working with NetSuite for little over a year now. Yes, not much of experience to be writing Blog about it. I do consider myself as NetSuite Newb so don't hate.

Anyway, I've compiled some list of things I've learned so far.

  1. Rev. Rec. Schedule, Product and Department from items are not automatically pulled over to Sales Order when an item is purchased from the Webstore.
    > NetSuite claims to have the Product/Department issue fixed in 2010.2 but I'm not seeing it.
    Work around: Created after submit User Event script against a Transaction type to set these info manually.
       
  2. Item Groups are NOT allowed to be sold in the Webstore.
    This became a big issue for us because Item Group was the one that you can pick and choose which items you want to sell as a group and still have taxes applied at individual component level. We sell that exact product type and it does NOT allow to be sold in the Webstore.
    >I believe there is enhancement request out there for this and I am hoping that it'll be put in soon.
    Work around: Scriptable cart/check out. Keep in mind, I believe you need to have advanced webstore module for this work for ya. My work around was to sell Item Kit (not taxlable) and using scriptable cart/check out, dynamically added Taxable item to the cart. This was pretty tricky putting in but it works like a charm.
  3. Don't trust workflow. Yes. most of you may disagree for I've seen forum posts raving reviews on workflows. It doesn't work for me. =(
    >Issue #1: No way to properly debug workflow. Yes, you can set it in test mode but it's very difficult to see what actually is going on at each step.
    >Issue #2: Not enough documentation.
    >Issue #3: What is UP WITH SET FIELD VALUE not working.
    Work around: If you must use workflow, my suggestion is to use it in conjuction with form level client script.
  4. You only get 12 Sandbox refresh per year.
    Ok, I think this is an extreme newb mistake. No one really said anything about it and the customer service never mentioned it when we requested refresh. We had many in the beginning.
  5. SuiteScript is a gift and a curse. It lets you customize to your hearts' content but yet so confusing to keep track of it all. 
Ok.. I'm done bitching about it for today. Need to get some work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment